The FLV/MP4 Pseudo-streaming option is aimed at delivery of video on demand on the Internet in the Progressive Download mode. It supports rewind. Video is delivered to end users in the form of video files downloaded via HTTP when a user starts watching (progressive download). Unlike streaming mode progressive download allows end users to play video regardless the Internet connection speed. FLV/MP4 pseudo-streaming is perfect for services requiring maximum audience including Internet 3G mobile users.
FLV/MP4 pseudo-streaming particularities are
- Instant replaying without entire video caching (pseudo prefetching).
- Rewind that imitates streaming mode.
Enable FLV/MP4 Pseudo-streaming
2. Check the FLV/MP4 Pseudo-streaming option in the Resource settings
3. Ensure that your CDN Resource status is Active. You can check its status in the CDN Resources section. Active status means that settings are applied to all SkyparkCDN servers.
4. Integrate you files with CDN. Change in URLs to your video files your domain to CDN Domain or CNAME. Read more CNAME record setup.
An example of the link for the file that will play from 10th second
An example of the link for the file that will play from 2048 byte
http://cdn.mysite.ru/myfolder/myfile.flv?start=2048 (You can use your CNAME only if you have added it to your DNS settings)
The ?Start = N parameter allows to start playing with N shift relatively to the beginning of the file. To use shift configure the player application to support the 'start =’ argument.
When you enable the FLV/MP4 pseudo-streaming option the Ignore Set-Cookie option becames unavailable. It happens because in most cases the start parameter for pseudo-streaming videos is set with query strings.