Situations when it is needed to clear cache on our edge servers are
- You have renewed all content or part of content.
- Data is not displayed correctly.
There are 2 ways to clear cache:
- You can use API. Read more on API
- You can do it in the SkyparkCDN control panel in the Purge section.
Control Panel Purge
1. Go to Settings of the CDN Resource.
2. Choose the Purge tab.
3. Specify path to the file (without domain name) that you need to clear cache for, one path for a line. If the URL contains a query string specify the path with it: /path/to/file.ext?VERSION
4. Click Purge
Note: It is not possible to purge URLs with wildcard or purge a directory, for example, purges in the form of: /path/to/file/*.jpg, /path/to/directory/. This is because objects are not stored in cache in a directory hierarchy. Instead, they are stored with their filenames hashes. In order to find files matching the wildcard or directory, the entire cache must be searched for matching files. It is a very slow operation, therefore we do not support it.
Entire Cache Purge
Use it to purge all files from the CDN servers for the Resource. When you purge all files from cache, CDN servers pull these files from the origin that might cause a significant load on your server. If you have large amount of content, we recommend to use our API. Contact us in case of questions.
Choose Purge all files from the CDN Resource and click Purge to start the procedure. It takes about 15 minutes to process the request.